Thursday, August 18, 2011

Lagoon


We tried to do a lot of fun activities this summer.  I was hoping that sending Jackson to Lagoon with some cousins would mean we all wouldn't have to go, but for weeks it was all Jackson could talk about and Alex wanted some Lagoon too!  So we all went and had a fun time (although Matt and I agreed we all aren't going again for like 3 more years- we'll see how that goes).  We were really excited that Natalie and her girls Hannah and Becca joined us too.  I think we hit every ride!

Jackson's favorites:  Colossus, the Spider, and The Bat.  He thought Puff the Magic dragon was "Lame"

Alex's favorites: I forced Alex onto the white roller coaster - he survived but then told me he is never going on it again.  When we got in line for the "spider" I noticed small tears welling up in his eyes.  I swear this kid used to be a little dare devil with rides but I guess he is at an age where he is second guessing them.  I let him get out of line if he promised to go on wild mouse.  Later that day when we were in line for wild mouse the tears started to well up again - thankfully he held it together and got on the ride without me having to yank on his arms!

Andrew's favorites:  "Bulgy the Whale", the bumper cars, the helicopters, and the small swings.  He also loved seeing all the animals on the train.  He was giggling pretty hard on Music Express then when it got really fast he looked a little concerned then repeated my phrase of "OH, MY GOODNESS!!!."  He hated the "dino drop" and I felt horrible - his brothers wanted to sit by cousins so Andrew had to sit by a strange lady (I don't know why at that point I even had him still go).  After the first drop he looked down at me and in a shaky voice and with tear filled eyes just said "mom?".

The saddest part of the day for me was realizing I am getting too old for rides!  I think the last time we went to Lagoon was only 3 years ago and I was fine.  But after the very first ride at Lagoon I felt sick, I brushed it off convinced I was still a cool young mom but after about 6 rides in a row I knew I was done!  Matt doesn't do that great either so we were taking turns and doing our best to hold it all together.  YUCK!  I was seriously bummed to not be able to try Wicked or the Rocket.  I was so sad when my favorite ride -The Tilt a Whirl- nearly did me in.

At the end of the day we all tiredly climbed into the car.  It was very quiet then Andrew said "Mom.....  that was Awesome."  I have never heard him use that word before - it was hilarious.

No comments: