Monday, March 9, 2009

LAST YEAR

One of my favorite things Alex says lately is “last year” instead of yesterday, last week, or even an hour ago – anything in the past is “last year.” For example one morning he got frustrated when I served him a bowl of cereal for breakfast and said with tears welling up in his eyes “remember I said I wanted macaroni and cheese last year.”

Last night he really made me laugh. He was getting ready for bed and I said “you still need to go potty” to which he replied “Nuh-uh remember I already went last year after dinner” – meaning just a couple hours ago after dinner. I said “just show Mama, lets see if you are right or if Mama is right” (a trick I often use to make sure they go). He stood at the toilet and within seconds started to potty, immediately his face fell. He was so discouraged and all he could thing to say was “Hmmmm.”

1 comment:

Natalie said...

That's awesome. I love it when mom is right!