
After 3 years of sitting on the sidelines watching older brother play, Alex was so excited to start soccer. He will also be playing baseball this summer with Jackson (to make my life a little easier, I put them on the same team). He has been asking for weeks now when soccer starts and when baseball starts. I had explained to him many times he had to wait for all the snow to be gone and then he would play soccer. After soccer, then he would start baseball. Well about 5 minutes into the game he came running out to me and said "OK, I'm done now. I want to go play baseball now." I started laughing and said "oh honey, baseball doesn't start until ALL your soccer games are over, not for lots and lots of days." He is a wishful thinker and continued running out of the game every couple minutes asking "now is it time for baseball?" I think it didn't help that the temperature for his first game was so cold, he was freezing. His hands were so cold he wouldn't take them out of his pockets - which actually helped since he didn't touch the ball once! Not even when it was out of bounds, he just stood there with his hands in his pockets and stared at it until his coach came and picked it up for him.
1 comment:
I love that. Hannah was way excited for Soccar then she couldn't stand it. When it ended she was sad... I don't get it. At least Alex likes it! I love his book too!!
Post a Comment