Saturday, August 25, 2012

Summer is Wraping up!

We are trying to make the most of these last summer days.  Today we went to the "Get Air" sports complex.  The boys (including Matt) had fun jumping around.  Later we went for a swim at Oakridge, Tyson did great sleeping through both activities- such a good baby!


Last night the boys wanted to "camp out" in the Family Room.  After tucking them in for the night I walked upstairs to the kitchen and started cleaning up the dishes and running the disposal.  The kitchen is right by our stairs which lead to the family room so the noise was traveling down the stairs.  Andrew yelled up to me "Mom, your messing my up!"  Meaning I was messing up his process of falling asleep with all my noise.  I had a good laugh.

When we added Tyson's carseat to the car we moved Alex to the back row along with Jackson.  We kept Andrew in the middle row next to Tyson.  The other day we were driving home and Andrew was eating some Dots (one of his favorite candies) he proudly told me he had shared one with Tyson.  He was very confused why I suddenly started yelling at him to get it out of Tyson's mouth.  Thankfully he quickly got it out and now Andrew has been moved to the back row and Jackson sits in the middle with Tyson!  It is actually really nice since Jackson can hold the binki in Tyson's mouth and helps to keep him calm.


This week we also got to go see Wicked.  We had never seen it and so were very excited to be able to go.  We had called in advance to see if they allowed babies or not, they said they did so we took Tyson.  As soon as we walked in though all the workers started shaking their heads saying no babies allowed (how did we manage to talk to the ONE person their who didn't know the rules!).  We were pretty upset since we had already called and asked, and it wasn't as if I could go find a babysitter and get back for the show - and it's not like I could just get tickets for another night!  We argued our way in and they made me swear I would take the baby out if he cried, I told them of course I would.  As soon as I sat down he was happily settling into my arms for a good nap but I knew my arms would die if I had to hold him the entire show!  I had brought the Snuggli for that reason - but that required moving him into it.  I knew he would probably make some noise if I moved him and sure enough he did so I quickly walked out.  Once he was in the Snuggli though it only took him a couple minutes to get comfy and calm down.  I went back to my seat and he slept through the entire show!  I kept getting so nervous every time their was loud singing or applause he would stir - but he kept right on sleeping.  I absolutely LOVED the show so I was so grateful to not have to miss it!

The boys got their teacher and class assignments this weekend in the mail so reality is setting in.  Glad we have one last week to Party!  I can't believe that half of my kids will be gone everyday for most of the day!  I'm sad summer is ending but I think I will be able to adjust to that :)

No comments: