Sunday evening we were eating dinner and Andrew asked excitedly if it would be bedtime soon, I answered that it would. He did a fist pump and exclaimed "yes." I was shocked and asked why in the world he would be excited for bedtime. He simply replied "because I don't want it to be Sunday anymore." We all laughed and when I asked "why?" He said "Because! I like to play video games!"
All of my kids have loved Macaroni and Cheese and at some point each of them have been surprised by the ingredients that go into making it. Today Andrew cracked us up when I was making him some and as I was pouring in the milk he said - "if you didn't put milk in Mac n' Cheese it would just be Mac n'." Only he says it like its one word "macken". Clever!
As I was changing a diaper Alex came in and sat down on the rocking chair and very seriously said "Mom, I think Dad has a fear of Germs." I said "yes, you are right, he does." He seamed relieved and said - "oh, ok, I thought so." I asked him how he realized that. He said he had gone to the bathroom and forgot to wash his hands then picked up his kindle and Dad freaked out. Funny that what concerned Alex most was not the germs, but dad's inability to cope with them!
No comments:
Post a Comment