Tuesday, March 19, 2013

"Hate" Potion #9

Jackson reminded us of a special potion he made when he was in first grade (3 years ago) and we had a good laugh over the story - I wanted to include it here so that we wouldn't forget!

Jackson has always had a very imaginative and creative mind.  He loves to build and make things and often challenges Matt and I with his requests of what he wants to create next.  His Grandma McReynolds purchased a science kit for him knowing that he would love creating all the different experiments that were included.  After doing the experiments that came included with some small plastic test tubes, Jackson decided to make his own experimental potion for an empty test tube.  It consisted of water and a concoction of other spices.  One major component was Tony's Louisiana Creole seasoning (Matt fell in love with the spicy seasoning on his mission and it has been a staple in our spice cupboard ever since).

I was aware Jackson was being creative with my spice cupboard but what I didn't know was that he then hid the test tube in his backpack to take to school the next day.  Talk about a law suit waiting to happen!

At recess Jackson showed the kids his potion and told them if they drank it, it would burn their tongue off.  One kid said "I want to try it."  Which he did and then freaked out because it was burning his tongue.  He ran off and I guess later all the kids told Jackson that his tongue had been burned off just as Jackson had predicted!

I guess Jackson got a "taste of his own medicine" though when later he was holding the test tube and some leaked out onto his leg and started burning his leg and turned into a large red spot.

I think the whole incident scared him and he knew I wouldn't be to happy so he didn't tell me for a few days.  When I finally heard about it I was worried (about a lawsuit) and didn't find the story funny AT ALL!  Thankfully we can all laugh about it now!

No comments: