Saturday, March 16, 2013

Andrew's Nightmare

Andrew HATES to be dirty or have anything dirty or messy near him.  If he is in the middle of eating and he spills a little on the table he immediately starts yelling "mom, I need a wipe!"  He can't continue eating until the mess is wiped up.  He then yells at mom to take the wipe (paper towel) and throw it away - I have tried telling him just to leave the wipe on the counter by him but he won't have that!

If he has a runny nose and it starts to come out of his nose he FREAKS out.

Even as a two year old I remember he and the neighbor girl escaped out the back door in my bedroom to the muddy backyard that we had not yet landscaped.  I found out because I could hear Andrew bawling because he was dirty and hating it - the neighbor girl on the other hand was having the time of her life playing in the mess.

Anyway I had to laugh because the other day Andrew told me he had a nightmare that there was a bad guy that came in his room and got his clothes all dirty!  That is his worse nightmare!

He has bad dreams lately but they all seem to make me laugh when he tells me about them (not because they are funny -but the way Andrew tells me about them is funny).  One dream involved a giant spider with 3 noses.  Another one was about the stairs at the condo, they have spaces between each stair and Andrew had a dream that he and Alex fell through the hole.  When I asked if he got hurt in the dream he said "no, it was awesome!"  Another one involved playing video games on Sunday (a "no no" in our house!) -I assume I was the "bad guy" in that one.  He is always able to laugh about how absurd his scary dreams are.  I'm so glad!

The amazing thing is I took him to see the new OZ movie and it was seriously scary for young kids (just like the original was).  Jackson even admitted to it being pretty creepy.  It didn't seem to bother Andrew at all though.  Had the witch been flinging mud in Andrew's direction - now that would have scared the bejeebers out of him!

No comments: