Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas 2012


Christmas Eve we had the annual Rose Party - this year it was a "minute to win it" party.  Above Alex is trying to "face the cookie."  Below Tyson enjoyed hanging out with his cousins Jonah and Edison.

Then we came home to open Grandma McReynolds Christmas PJ's, put out cookies for Santa, and hurried to bed!

Since the boys are now sleeping downstairs we told them they had to STAY in their room until we came and got them so that we could videotape their reactions when they came upstairs to see what Santa had brought.  At 5am I heard the downstairs toilet flush and thought uh-oh someone is already awake and I knew they would probably not be falling back asleep.  I then laid awake for a few minutes listening to see if that child would peek.  Turns out it was Jackson - had I known I wouldn't have wondered if he would peek since he would NEVER!  He suffered in silence for an hour and then couldn't resist waking his brothers, Matt and I woke up to their squeals of delight and excitement that could easily be heard below our bedroom.  Again we wondered if they had peeked but they hadn't.  We covered their heads with blankets and led them upstairs to our bedroom.  After a family prayer we let them loose!

 Alex got some Skylanders figures.

Jackson got jeans (yes red!).  We were pleased with him because he told Santa that he didn't need a gift this year and instead asked that the money be given to the poor which we did.

Andrew got a new (actually old but new to him) "punch-out" game and a punching bag and gloves. 

The big surprise was waiting downstairs, a Batman pinball machine.  All the boys (including Matt) have LOVED it!

I surprised Matt with a large (and very heavy!) weight set for our home gym that I found on KSL- I love a great deal!  And he got me a swimsuit and a couple cover-ups for our upcoming trip to Hawaii. 


A few days after Christmas we hung Andrew's punching bag up in his room, he loves it and of course looks like a pro!  I also dusted off our old bouncer for Tyson and as you can see he is happy as can be in it!

 Over New Years we headed up to the condo and enjoyed sledding, swimming, skiing, and just hanging out.  It was a wonderful Christmas Break.  I realized this year I used to always dread the day Christmas was over but now I think that is my favorite part of the holiday - the whole week after Christmas day, just relaxing and no stress!

No comments: