In order to help Jackson sleep Christmas Eve I told him I would come in around midnight before I went to bed and give him Benadryl. He was all for this since he hates waking up early and not being able to get back to sleep. Unfortunately he still woke up at 6:30am. I had told the kids we would come get them at 7:30 in the morning and they had to stay in their beds until then. When I went into Jackson's room on Christmas Eve I also set the clock back a couple hours - hoping that maybe if he woke up really early it would help him settle back to sleep. So when I went in their room at 7:30 Jackson's head popped up from the pillow and he asked "did you set my clock back!" I admitted I had and he was so excited and relieved it was time for Christmas (and not 5:30am). I told him I hoped setting the clock back would help him - he said it only frustrated him more and made him not sleep (so it backfired)! Alex and Andrew were still fast asleep at 7:30 (and probably would have slept another hour just fine!). We woke everyone up and said a family prayer then let the kids run up the stairs to see what Santa had brought.

Jackson got a Snowboard and tickets for the "Kaysville Ski and Snowboard program." He gets to ride a bus to Snowbird 3 Saturdays this next month and snowboard with his friend.
Alex got a helicopter which was very cool and fun for about the 15 min. it lasted. A part broke and is now waiting for repair - thankfully Matt is handy with that sort of thing so it should be up and flying soon!
Andrew got Skylanders Swap Force. He was pretty funny because he asked Matt "wait this is it, this is all I got!" We knew by the end of the day -after visiting Grandma's and great Grandma's he would have plenty! But I guess he didn't know that!
Tyson got a new battery for our Power Wheels tractor - so it is working again for him.
Matt got me clothes and a keyboard for my iPad and I got him a golf swing analyzer that sends data to his iPhone.
At Grandma and Grandpa McReynolds the boys were surprised with an Xbox 360 and Season Passes to Lagoon!
It was a fun Holiday that Jordan, Alyssa, and cousin Jonah were able to spend with us!
No comments:
Post a Comment