Saturday, November 16, 2013

The one-arm-tickle!

When I married Matt I had no idea he was hiding a secret.  My husband doesn't talk in his sleep - he tickles his arms while sleeping.  Weird  - I know!!!  He will be sound asleep and raise one arm up in the air and tickle it up and down with his other hand, then switch if needed.  I remember laughing when he came out of surgery a few years ago, high on drugs and tickling his arms for all the doctors and nurses to see.  He drunkely asked me if I would tickle his arm and I refused (I have to draw the line somewhere).  When I asked him about it one time he attributed it to the fact that when his mom put him to sleep when he was little she would sometimes tickle his arm.

Last month when we went on our trip to Disneyland we arrived to our Hotel very exhausted.  Tyson was in bad need of a nap but they hadn't brought up his crib to our room yet.  I didn't want to wait so forced him to lay down on the bed with me.  He tried to get up a couple times and I just pulled him back down.  He was whimpering but so tired, eventually he started quieting down and falling asleep.  As he was settling down I peeked my eyes open only to see my little baby with his arm straight up in the air and his other hand tickling his arm!!!  I was dumbfounded.  He continued for a little bit then switched arms and finally fell asleep.  It was the sweetest thing I have ever seen.  He has NEVER seen Matt do this and we have never tickled his arms.  I realized he had actually inherited this trait from his dad!  So sweet.  When I told Matt's mom about it she admitted she actually does it in her sleep as well!
To bad I don't have a picture to attach to this story!

No comments: