I decided that I would try to make the most of the week and still go up to the condo- to make it more fun we invited my brother Jeff's family to come hang out with us for a couple days. We headed up there on Tuesday. That evening I was putting Tyson to bed, he was having a tough time since he was not in his "usual" crib. I was standing in his dark room by the door waiting to see if he would stop crying, the door opened and there stood a Man- I figured it was Jeff and motioned for him to leave and that I would come out. Then it felt like an eternity passed as I realized it wasn't Jeff standing at the door and tried to figure out who it was - suddenly I realized it was Matt! I pushed him out the door with me so I could hug him - I was in total shock! Had he been in Idaho or California I might have come to the conclusion that he had come home early, more quickly- but I never thought that was even a possibility that he would be taking a 30 hour flight home from Kazakhstan an entire week early! It was probably the biggest shock and surprised of my life. The boys had a similar reaction it took them quite a few minutes of staring at Matt before it really sank in that it was him and he was home early. We enjoyed spending the rest of the week together at the condo. It was the best spring break!
As always we spent a couple days at the local skate park. Last summer the boys attended "skate camp" and had started to learn how to "drop in" the bowls. It's mostly about overcoming fear so I wanted them to build on the confidence they had gained last summer. So I bribed them with a $1 to try the drop in while holding Matt's hands (this is how they did it last summer in camp). With a lot of coaxing they finally decided to do it. Jackson suddenly surprised when after just one attempt holding Matt's hands he announced he wanted to try it all by himself. I am still in shock about it! Here is the video -
Even Andrew was up for trying if it involved a dollar. He is always trying to earn money to buy Skylanders figures for the Skylanders Wii game (his latest addiction). After Andrew earned his dollar he asked what number would be on the dollar - I replied a one, he complained that he wanted a 500 on it like the one Grandpa had given him from Kazakhstan - (it equals about $3). He is a smooth kid!
A couple days after returning home Andrew had a bad dream and came to sleep in our room. The next day I asked him what his dream was about. He replied that he had been riding his scooter and was stuck in a bowl at the skate park and couldn't get out. He then angrily told me that Alex had made him go in there and get stuck. His countenance quickly changed though as he announced "I earned a dollar though!"
Sadly he is having a lot of bad dreams lately. Last night he was in our room again and this morning he told me his nightmare was that Jackson was a Pokemon and he was attacking Andrew and Alex. It is always so hard for me to keep a straight face when he tells me his dreams! Poor kid - I could hear him thrashing around at one point in his sleep last night and then crying out at another point - and this was all after he had come into our room. I think it was a long night for him!
No comments:
Post a Comment