Saturday, June 18, 2011

Baseball Playoffs!

So Jackson's team finished the season in 2nd place and then immediately started the playoffs.  Last night was the first game and it was a pretty easy win.  Today we had a game at 11:00 and if we won we had to play again at 12:30.  We started out behind on the first game but eventually pulled ahead for a win.  So we got ready for another one.  The next game we once again started out from behind - after 2 innings it was 18 to 4 (ouch!).  The next inning we held the other team at 18 so we were hopeful as we got up to bat that we could really pull ahead but they only got 4 more runs.  So we thought we had lost the game 18-8 and I felt pretty good that at least Jackson had hit well and done well in outfield.  While playing catcher he had stopped a kid from getting a home run- the kid had smacked it way in outfield and was rounding the bases fast, our team threw it to home where J was waiting and caught it and tagged him out- I was jumping up and down screaming I was so excited he had helped to stop them from scoring.  So even though I thought we had lost I was happy with J's performance - however the ump said we would play another inning since there was still two minutes to go before our hour was up.  Our Team was all to happy to play one more inning.  So their team was up first and once again we held them at 18.  So we were up to bat and down by 8.  We slowly started getting runs in and by the time J got up to bat the score was 18-17 and two outs!!!!  SERIOUS PRESSURE.  I knew J could hit it but I was still nervous as heck!  He smacked it into outfield and the kid on 3rd ran home to give us a tie.  I was a proud mom!  Sadly the next kid gave us our 3rd out so were facing a tie and a whole new inning- we were thrilled though that they had pulled back after being so far behind.  Once again we held their team at 18 and we were hopeful as we got up that we would get one run in and be done but they held us at 18 and we started a whole new inning!  Once again our team did a great job in the field and held them at 18.  We were hopeful as we got up that we could finally finish and win the game this inning.  The first kid up was one of our heavy hitters - I prayed for a home run and that's exactly what he did, we won 19-18.  So after 4 hrs. at the ball park today we all left with heart palpitations, hoarse voices, and smiles on our faces.  Now we face the final championship next Tues. night.  The team we play ended the season in 1st place so the championship game is between number 1 and 2 - should be good!!!  I will be sad when it's all over though - I seriously love watching his games (way more fun than watching any pro-sport team!).
GO YANKEES!!!
  Our favorite player #9

No comments: