Thursday, May 5, 2011

Family Happenings


Jackson has moved on from Twilight and is now obsessed with Harry potter. He has made numerous wands (measuring each with a ruler since they have to be the same length as Harry's). He has a list of all the spells and what they mean and loves to try them out on his brothers. For the end of tax season our surprise was a basketball hoop for the backyard but since they couldn't use it right away (we are waiting for the concrete to be poured this weekend) so we also gave him something he could enjoy now - the latest Harry Potter movie. His face was pure excitement. He loves searching the internet for anything and everything Harry Potter and has become obsessed with Florida and wants to go visit "Hogwarts" and ride the rides more than anything. We were surprised to find out over Easter weekend that his cousin Hannah is obsessed with Harry Potter right now too (she was also into Twilight when Jackson was). When Hannah got baptized this last weekend Jackson's gift to her was a book about the Rose cousins visiting Hogwarts. Apparently after completing the 15 page book he informed me it was going to be part of a 4 book series! Jackson never does anything half heartedly!

Alex is doing so well in Pre-school. His favorite part is the homework! He has started reading sentences. I am hoping that he continues to love homework and do it willingly all his life! Last night he said the funniest thing. I was pointing out some deer to the kids that were in a field. Suddenly Alex said "I saw a guy shoot the antlers right off a dears head." Alex is not one to make up stories and lie so I asked "what are you talking about Alex." He defiantly repeated what he had seen again. Jackson asked if he had seen it on some show or movie. Alex said no. I then asked when he had seen this. He surprised me when he said "a couple days ago. " I started to tell Alex that he was not telling the truth when he interjected and said "I saw the deers antlers on a guys car two days ago - he shot them right off the deer's head." I was laughing so hard and thought I would try to explain it, then I thought maybe it's ok if he believes hunting is all about trying to target shoot the antlers right off the animals heads!

Andrew is talking up a storm and has surprised us with phrases like "I'm just kidding." A couple days ago we were driving in the car and he pointed out a slide and kids playing. I told him that that was a school, just like where Jackson goes. He promptly replied that he wanted to go to school. The next day Jackson missed his bus so I had to drive him to school. When I dropped him off Andrew started bawling because he wanted to go to school too. The next day when Jackson left for school Andrew announced he was done with his breakfast and started putting on his shoes. When I asked him where he was going he said "school." Poor kid has 3 years to go!

All of us are excited for our new backyard that has started going in. We had a slide installed off the deck which they are loving. Next comes the Basketball pad and trampoline. We are so happy to have nice spring weather so it finally all get done!

No comments: