A few days later I woke up at quarter to eight only to find Alex completely dressed and asking to play at his best friends next door. I said "Alex, you haven't even eaten breakfast yet." He simply responded "can't I just fast breakfast." I laughed then responded "you better get in the kitchen before I spank your bum fast!"
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Fast Sunday
Because Jackson just turned 8 we thought he could start fasting breakfast on fast Sundays. We explained it to him the night before and he said he wanted to do it. When he came home from church he said he wanted to keep fasting and go without lunch! I really thought he might complain a little and be starving when we came home from church at noon so this really surprised me. The funny thing was watching Matt try to convince him to eat some food. I knew Jackson probably wouldn't last too much longer so I just waited for him to say he was hungry. Well little brother Alex didn't want to be left out and said he wanted to "fast" his lunch too. Again Matt did his best to play the role of Satan and tempt him with some food. They both lasted until about 1:30 when Alex asked for ice cream. I told him he just had to have lunch first, he was quick to agree and Jackson decided to join him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment