Monday, July 19, 2010

Summer Fun!

This summer we have been enjoying so many fun trips and activities - here are pictures to illustrate!
We went to Island Park for Matt's Family Reunion. We were so glad we took the detour for Bear World, the boys loved it.


Yellowstone Park



The boys are taking Karate this summer. You can see by the picture Alex has a lot of fun with it and Jackson is very serious about it. Their teacher had Jackson come in front of the class and demonstrate the round-house kick. He complimented Jackson by saying it was a "purple-belt" level kick (four levels above beginner - which is where they are at right now) and that it would be his signature move. I don't know how I am going to break it to the instructor that this is only a summer thing - I think both J and the instructor are going to be in tears when I ruin their tournament dreams.


We have also had a lot of fun at the pool. Alex (at just 4 yrs. old) has taught himself to swim. Here he is going off the diving board with no floaties and he swims to the side like a pro! I was planning on signing him up for his first swim lessons this summer - glad he saved me the time and money!



We spent the 4th of July up in Midway. We had fun going to the Rodeo and doing fireworks at the condo with family.


We are also having a fun time on Grandpa's new boat and new toys that came with it! Matt is loving being able to surf (you can see the video below) and the boys have loved this new tube contraption that gives them the feel of skiing without having to get up.

After Jackson and Alex had a few tries on it we were surprised that even little Andrew got out on it. I thought he would be really scared out there in the water all by himself but he did great. He just kept saying "wa-hoo, wa-hoo." After his turn was over he defiantly screamed at the other boys when they would take their turn. I was constantly pulling him back in the boat as he kept trying to climb off the back for another turn.

JJ standing up, Alex getting ready for his turn.

After only two trips on the boat Matt is really surprising me with how quickly he is picking up surfing.

No comments: