Monday, June 28, 2010

Bella Italia!!!

We started our trip in Lake Como, the city in the background is Bellagio. You can also see a bit of the Swiss Alps in the background as well. Lake Como is Northern Italy and so very close to Switzerland. We were here for four days. This view from our room balcony was my favorite part of waking up every morning!


This was our hotel restaurant balcony where we ate breakfast every morning.

The lake has many villa's that you can tour with beautiful gardens. The climate there was surprising to us, it is very similar to California, very lush and green with beautiful flowers and palm trees and of course the tall cyprus trees everywhere.

This villa you may recognize from Star Wars -it is where Anikin marries Padme. It is also in James Bond Casino Royale, this is the hospital he goes to after being tortured. It was out of this world and the highlight of our trip.


The food was also an amazing highlight of the trip. One day I enjoyed going to a cooking class and learning to make homemade pasta and a pear and Gorgonzola cheese risotto - I hope to be able to replicate it!

The chef spoke great English, along with everyone else. Every menu was translated in English so it made the whole trip very easy and enjoyable. I fell in love with the older Italian men, they were so sweet. I especially loved one particular man in his 60's who worked in a clothing store in Bellagio. He very artfully tied different scarfs around me for about 20 minutes while praising me with occasional "Bella" and "Bellisimo" comments. Of course I had to buy one!


The next two days we spent in Venice. The pictures pretty much speak for Venice, it was very cool.


St. Marks Square



Rialto Bridge


The last night of our trip we spent in Milan before we flew home. This is the famous shopping center in Milan - a lot of high end stores and high end people!

The Duomo in Milan.
It was a memorable and amazing 10th anniversary trip. We hope to be able to return some day!
The boys did so great while we were gone but we were all excited to see each other again at the airport. I loved seeing my three handsome boys with the biggest smiles on their faces I have ever seen- and even tears in Jackson's eyes, it was a sweet picture I hope to remember always.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful pictures!!! I can't wait to hear more about your trip!

Kristi said...

Hello! What an amazing trip! I totally forgot to ask you about it at the movie--I thought about it later that night and felt bad. Now I need to go to Italy for sure.