Alex is a very tender-hearted boy and very often has little tears well up in his eyes when he is frustrated. The other day he didn't want to get dressed but wanted to stay in PJ's all day. I told him he had to get dressed because he had school that day. The poor dejected child walked in his room only to walk back out with little tears in his eyes and say "but there aren't any pants" (it was laundry day). I said ok let me help you get some shorts. We walked back in his room and I patted his back and said "its ok honey you don't need to cry". He then touched his eyes and said "I'm not, their just dripping."
Jackson came home from school the other day and as I emptied his back pack I came across a note and asked him what it was. He excitedly told me a boy in his class had brought something called water marbles for show and tell. Jackson asked the boy where he got them. He wanted to remember so that when he came home he could tell me and we could go to the store and get some. So he drew a picture of a water marble on a piece of paper and wrote down where the boy got them. He then proceeded to read his handwritten "yolmot" and proudly said Walmart. I told Jackson if he helped me with some jobs around the house we could go get some. Well sadly we couldn't find water marbles at Walmart but he found a Bionicle instead and was happy with that. A couple days later he came home from school and said "Mom, guess what, I'm going to get a water marble at school tomorrow." I asked how. He said "I let kids butt me in the line. Each kid that butt me I said just give me a water marble and you can butt me and I let 20 kids butt me!" I started laughing and said "wow, so you are going to get 20 water marbles." He said "no, but I'll probably get 3 because some kids forget." I couldn't believe what a smart kid to figure out his chances got higher each time he let a kid butt. He proudly came home with one water marble today. Bless the mother that let her child convince her to pack a water marble in a little baggie of water and take it in his backpack to school.
No comments:
Post a Comment