Sunday, September 6, 2009

FROG BLOG!

A couple days ago a neighbor boy showed Jackson a couple frogs he had found in a sprinkler box and caught. They were quite small and are pretty common around our area but when Jackson immediately started hunting for one he didn't have any luck. He was undeterred though (of course). Yesterday in the late afternoon Matt and his Dad were going golfing so me and the boys decided to go along since the weather was nice and the course is usually pretty empty by that time. Grandpa told him maybe they could catch a frog there since there are a lot in the ponds. Well, there were a lot of frogs, but they were very big and very fast (I was relieved about that). However Grandpa became Jackson's hero when he pulled of his golf shoe and sock, stuck his foot in the green water and quickly scooped one up in the cup. I was dumbfounded and Jackson couldn't stop grinning. It was hard to see it in a cup of murky pond water so I dumped it out on the lawn where it immediately jumped on Alex's foot and the boys started squealing, it was hilarious. Jackson's hands were shaking so hard as he tried to get the cup back over the top of it. We put a lid on top of the cup but it still scared Jackson too much to hold it. That evening when we got in the car Jackson exclaimed "this was the best day ever!" Today we had fun showing it to cousins and friends. By this evening when I took this video I was amazed at Jackson's confidence that he would hold it and catch it with his bare hands. I'm hoping tomorrow I can convince him to let him go home after a full weekend of fun!

The name started out as POGO, Jackson had a tough time saying that and called him FROGO, which I thought worked well if we called him Frogo Baggins, he is precious!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

that's awesome... hannah still talks about hunting for fish a couple weeks ago. kids and bugs go hand in hand!