Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Summer is Over and Time Continues to Fly!!!

First Day of First Grade!!! Jackson had no fear just excitement. He has many neighborhood kids in his class and his teacher seems really nice. I met Jackson for lunch and taught him how to go through the lunch line (mostly I was there to teach him to always get at least one thing healthy and eat it! I really think he is going to lose weight this year without my supervision - scary!) Unfortuanetly he hasn't been feeling well and has had a fever for the past week so I let him come home early after lunch. Today (the second day of school) he actually stayed the whole day. When he came home I exclaimed "that was a long day wasn't it!" He looked at me funny and said "no it wasn't, we got out early." I explained that no, that was a full day of school. He was thinking it was an early day simply because their class finished a few seconds early and since they are in the portables he left home without any other kids in sight. Anyway I was relieved to see the length of the day didn't seem to bother him (just me!!!)

Later that evening, Grandpa McReynolds' friend let us come over and ride his pony "Harry." The boys had a great time!
What Handsome Cowboys!

(Alex wearing his "I'm trying to hold in my excitment" face)


The Summer's End also brought...........

Andrew new confidence in his mobility, he is very close to walking!

Rub-A-Dub-Dub, Three Men in a Tub!
Alex also learned to ride the wakeboard with Matt this summer!

No comments: