Saturday, May 9, 2009
Ebenezer Scrooge
A few years ago, to stop Jackson from constantly asking for toys I started making him do jobs to earn them. This got him to stop asking and occasionally he would want something bad enough that he would work for it. Well lately he doesn't mind jobs at all. One Saturday a couple weeks ago he decided he was going to do as many jobs as he needed to get a toy by the end of the day. I kept telling him that probably wasn't going to happen that it would take to long. He surprised my by working the entire day, doing everything from cleaning bathrooms, mopping, vacuuming, etc. The entire house was spotless. He earned Pokemon cards and I thought after a long day like that he wouldn't ask again for awhile. Once again he surprised me, he is constantly asking what jobs he can do and I can't believe I am saying this but it is driving me crazy. He is too young to do most the jobs by himself so I have to supervise him - and he is wearing me out. He is obsessed with earning dollars and is constantly asking how much different toys cost and how much money he is going to earn, etc. (Matt now calls him Scrooge). It has gotten so bad that yesterday I told him we were all going out on a family bike ride and he scrunched up his face and said "No, I don't want to waste my time." He just wanted to stay home and do jobs. Later that day he sighed and said "man, I wish we could do jobs on Sunday." Today I finally cut him off and said he was allowed only two jobs a day, he begged until I gave in and allowed three a day. Seriously is there a cure for this? On a positive note he is business savvy, he started thinking of other/quicker ways to earn money this week. He held a toy sale for the neighborhood kids and earned $2 and change. After 2 days of that I said no more toy sales. I told him the kids in the neighborhood probably don't have any more money. Jackson then somehow convinced Alex (who has never showed an interest in doing jobs for toys) to do jobs with him. Jackson figured the job was easier that way and he told Alex he would share the toy he bought if Alex gave him his money. I think he is going to have a pyramid scheme going soon with all the kids in the neighborhood!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amy I am crying I am laughing so hard, your little boy is hilarious!...
Post a Comment