Monday, December 29, 2008

Merry Christmas


Seeing the Lights at Temple Square has become a favorite tradition. This
year we also started the tradition of sleeping under the Christmas tree. Alex was hopped up on sugar and couldn't sit still for stories let alone sleep. Matt and I retired to our own bed once Jackson was asleep, and of course Andrew was in his crib - so J was the only one under the tree this year. He didn't know Matt and I weren't going to sleep on the couch all night so when he came in our room the next day his head was hanging down and he said "I had a bad dream because I was all by myself." I felt pretty bad - hopefully next year Alex will sleep out with him because I think I'll still be sneaking up to my bed.

Jackson was the first to get up Christmas day at 7:30 (I was pleasantly surprised it wasn't earlier). He peeked down the stairs before he came in our room and saw Alex's gifts, he was a little confused where HIS presents were but stayed the optimist and figured Santa had stuffed them all in a stocking- Santa was smart and hid them from view when standing at the top of the stairs. He got this Digital Art system that hooks into the computer, he loves gifts that make his creative little mind go to work!

Andrew Got this "Bumbo" seat and a trailer to ride in behind Dad's new bike!

Jackson put it into Alex's head that he wanted Elmo for Christmas so Alex stuck with that (Jackson didn't know Alex outgrew Elmo a year ago). The funny thing was a couple days before Christmas we had a family party and Santa came. Each year he gives all the kids a gift from his red bag. Alex got Legos. Later that evening when we got in the car to leave he started to cry and said "but I didn't get Elmo." He was still a little confused this year on how the whole Santa/Christmas thing works. I think next year he'll have it all figured out and he'll be the first one out of bed. He was happy to see Elmo Christmas morning for about 5 seconds then moved on to the hot wheels race car track that Santa knew he would probably enjoy a lot more.

1 comment:

Ann-Marie said...

Cute pics! It looks like you had a great Christmas. Aren't those Bumbo chairs the best invention ever?